Trauma and Ptsd links
- David Baldwin’s Trauma Information Pages: These Trauma Pages focus primarily on emotional trauma and traumatic stress, including PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder) and dissociation, whether following individual traumatic experience(s) or a large-scale disaster. The purpose of this award winning site is to provide information for clinicians and researchers in the traumatic-stress field. Specifically, my interests here include both clinical and research aspects of trauma responses and their resolution.
- Turning Gold in to Lead: The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) Study is one of the largest investigations ever conducted to assess associations between childhood maltreatment and later-life health and well-being. The study is a collaboration between the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Kaiser Permanente’s Health Appraisal Clinic in San Diego.The ACE Study findings suggest that certain experiences are major risk factors for the leading causes of illness and death as well as poor quality of life in the United States. Progress in preventing and recovering from the nation’s worst health and social problems is likely to benefit from understanding that many of these problems arise as a consequence of adverse childhood experiences.
- Trauma Center Links at Justice Resource Institute: Our mission is to help individuals, families and communities that have been impacted by trauma and adversity to re-establish a sense of safety and predictability in the world, and to provide them with state-of-the-art therapeutic care as they reclaim, rebuild and renew their lives.
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network(NCTSN): Our mission is to raise the standard of care and improve access to services for traumatized children, their families and communities throughout the United States.The NCTSN works to accomplish its mission of serving the nation’s traumatized children and their families by: Raising public awareness of the scope and serious impact of child traumatic stress on the safety and healthy development of America’s children and youth. Advancing a broad range of effective services and interventions by creating trauma-informed developmentally and culturally appropriate programs that improve the standard of care. Working with established systems of care including the health, mental health, education, law enforcement, child welfare, juvenile justice, and military family service systems to ensure that there is a comprehensive trauma-informed continuum of accessible care.
- The International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies: ISTSS is committed to supporting the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based and emerging best practices for individuals suffering from traumatic stress.
- Child Trauma Academy: THE CHILDTRAUMA ACADEMY CTA is a not-for-profit organization based in Houston, Texas working to improve the lives of high-risk children through direct service, research and education. We recognize the crucial importance of childhood experience in shaping the health of the individual, and ultimately, society. By creating biologically-informed child and family respectful practice, programs and policy, CTA seeks to help maltreated and traumatized children.